In its 75th anniversary year, ICDE has teamed up with The International Museum of Distance Education & Technology to provide access to a library documenting the organization's history. ICDE's roots go back to the first World Conference, which was held in Victoria, Canada in 1938. This was also the year in which the then International Council for Correspondence Education was inaugurated.More
ICDE and the LangOER network in partnership with the Nordic OER network are organizing a workshop for a small group of leading world experts in post-secondary education to be held in Oslo on Monday, 28 April. The event will seek to assess the situation for open educational resource around the globe with particular reference to less used languages.More
Early bird registration remains open, and paper submissions and poster proposals are welcome for the ICDE International Conference
hosted by Moscow State University of Economics, Statistics and Informatics (MESI) in Moscow, Russia, 25-26 September 2014.
Staff of ICDE member institutions receive a discounted registration fee.
- 60 countries, 160 institutions and organizations - the ICDE network grows
- Seeking publication for innovative research on distance and e-learning?
- Revised dates for 2015 ICDE World Conference in South Africa
- Guide to Quality in Post-Traditional Online Higher Education
- Open Courseware Consortium global conference
- Does the growth of distance learning mean that Open Universities risk becoming "the University of Last Resort"?
- Call for papers for SEAMEO Congress: Re-Thinking Education
- Call for applications to the UOC Doctoral Programme in Education and ICT (e-learning)
- ‘MOOCs: Game Changer or Passing Fad?’
- Distance Education in Myanmar