Online, open and flexible systems deliver quality higher education, student success, improved capacity, and cost-effective pathways to learning. Funding is critical to reap the benefits.
These are the central arguments of the Paris Message, entitled “Online, Open and Flexible Higher Education for the Future We Want”.More
Wayne Mackintosh, founding director of the OER Foundation headquartered at Otago Polytechnic in New Zealand, is a "committed
advocate and user of free software for education". The ICDE Chair in OER is a "strategy innovator with a passion for open
Over 500 papers have been accepted for presentation at the 26th ICDE World Conference to be hosted by the University of South Africa in Sun City near Pretoria, 14-16 October 2015. Registrations close in just two weeks, so make sure you register for the conference now.
Open Praxis has published its third issue for 2015 which consists of four research articles and two innovative practice articles.
Dr. Inés Gil-Jaurena, the editor of Open Praxis, explains in her editorial that "12 authors from Canada, Mexico, United Kingdom, Brazil, Pakistan, South Africa, Slovak Republic and the United States of America have contributed in six different papers, four of them with a research-oriented approach and two of them with an innovative practice character. The broad topic of openness is somehow addressed in most of the papers, which deal with open educational resources and other open practices."
- Three new members join the ICDE network
- ICDE Annual Report 2014 now available for download
- ICDE seeks two new advisers for its Permanent Secretariat
- Register for the 2nd MENA Higher Education Leadership Forum
- Towards a New Pedagogy of Engaged Learning
- The Commonwealth of Learning launches new MOOC platform
- e-Learning Korea 2015 - Re-thinking of e-Learning for Another Decade
- Teachers in the digital era - Athena Fund gains new support following the recent Global High Level Policy Forum
- Report on the Global High Level Policy Forum
- Fast track Call for Thematic Papers - ICDE MOOCs4D II